Our first trip to New York
New York has been on my hit list of places to visit for as long as I can remember. Both of us absolutely LOVE cities (London being our favourite) and there was no better excuse to visit than it being my 30th birthday!
We were extremely lucky and stayed in the city for eight days. This meant that we could spread out the tourist sites and really live like the locals.
We stayed in Williamsburg Brooklyn. What an amazing area! The bars, music venues and antique shops were right up our street. Not to mention the vegan ice cream at Van Leeuwen Artisan. (I may have visited too many times...)
Some of our recommendations-
- The Empire State Building
- The Rockefeller Center
- The Staton Island Ferry to see The Statue of Liberty
- Go and see a basket ball game! (We saw the Knicks play dream come true)
- Central Park (Have a cocktail on the lake)
- Visit Williamsburg
- Go to as many museums as possible! (We managed The Met, the Guggenheim, The Design Museum)
- The High Line
- Get a pretzel from a street vendor
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
- Coney Island
- Go and see some live music
- The Meat Packing District
- Take the subway
- Visit Smorgasburg (the food choice is amazing!)
- Eat Mexican food. Soooooo GOOD!
- Eat a bagel
- Take the NY ferry for amazing city views
- Go and see a play
We really did get to live like a New Yorker. We had such an amazing experience and we definitely want to go back. If you have any recommendations, please get in touch!
Love Bull x